[RS-ecology] Collection 1 L7 & L8 data fusion

Ben Carlson ben.s.carlson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 17:24:25 CEST 2019

Hello,

I'm fusing L7 & L8 surface reflectance into an NDVI time-series. I'm using
the method described in Roy et al. 2016 to convert L7 NDVI to L8 NDVI using
a simple regression equation found in table 3:

OLI = 0.0235 + 0.9723 * ETM+

However, this method was developed pre-collection1, and I've heard that
perhaps with collection 1 data I no longer need to adjust ETM+. I've looked
at the collection 1 description and I don't see any mention of this issue.
https://www.usgs.gov/land-resources/nli/landsat/landsat-collection-1?qt-science_support_page_related_con=1#qt-science_support_page_related_con

Can anybody provide any more information?

Thank you!

Roy et al. 2016. Characterization of Landsat-7 to Landsat-8 reflective
wavelength and normalized difference vegetation index continuity. Remote
Sensing of Environment