[RS-ecology] GEOGRAPHICAL COORDINATE S OF A PIXEL

Rop Willy ropcwillies at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:24:39 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have 2 questions to ask:

1. I have obtained a Landsat image and I want to carry out a supervised
classification and I have to collect validation data in the field.How do I
obtain the geographic coordinates for a particular pixel? I've tried to use
extract () and coordinates() function but don't seem to get it. How can I,
for example, get the geographic coordinates of an upper right pixel in R?

2. More or less related to the above question, I've generated an NDVI image
in R. How do I get the NDVI value of a pixel located at certain pixel
coordinates? For example, pixel coordinate (200, 200)?