[RS-ecology] Example Code

Tony Meissner laroona.env01 at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 13 07:36:26 CET 2017

Hi, I am going through the book "Remote Sensing and GIS for Ecologists"
and working through ther example R code. I have been successful until I
get to the subheading "Landsat" in Chapt 3. It appears that you have
assumed that there exists some actions that have occurred to enable the
code to work. e.g.

studyarea <- readOGR("vector_data/", "study_area_11")

Can some help me to get to this point. What is stored in "vector_data/"
and where does this data come from and how was it downloaded? Any help
would be appreciated.

I use Windows Professional 7 64bit, and I am an experienced R user but a
novice as far as GIS (more specifically QGIS) goes.

Thanks
Tony