[RS-ecology] AGU session: Linking climate drivers to biological response

Leidner, Allison (HQ-DK000)[USRA] allison.k.leidner at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 6 14:49:21 CEST 2016

Dear colleagues,

I would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the session "Linking climate drivers to biological response from species to ecosystems" at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, being held December 12-16 in San Francisco, California.

The session is being convened by Woody Turner and me.  Detailed information can be found here<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm16/preliminaryview.cgi/Session13322> and below.

You can submit an abstract<http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2016/abstract-submissions/> via the AGU submission site through Wednesday, 3 August 23:59 EDT.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to distribute this to others who may be interested.

Best,
Allison Leidner

Session Title: GC043. Linking climate drivers to biological response from species to ecosystems
Session Description: Climate change has and will have a profound effect on biological systems from local to global scales. Our ability to characterize how climate drives changes in biological systems has been improved by a combination of two advances.  First, satellite-derived climate information at a global extent is now available at increasingly fine spatial resolutions. Second, we have an increasing wealth of time-series information on the distribution and abundance of plants and animals.  These data, from both the land and sea, have expanded our understanding of how the physical climate connects to biological systems across trophic levels. Through models, we are able to link correlation with causation, enabling an understanding of what future ecosystems may look like. This session provides a unique opportunity for the AGU community to share new research findings at the intersection of climate change and biodiversity, catalyzing future opportunities to better understand Earth's physical and biological systems.

Session ID: 13322
Section/Focus Group: Global Environmental Change
Primary Convener:  Allison K Leidner, Universities Space Research Association Greenbelt, Greenbelt, MD, United States; NASA Headquarters, Earth Science Division, Washington, DC, United States
Convener:  William W Turner, NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC, United States

Allison Leidner, Ph.D.
Scientist III, USRA
NASA Earth Science Division
300 E Street SW, Mail Suite 3V73