[RS-ecology] Geo-Processing summer schools open now

Martin Wegmann martin.wegmann at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 13 13:09:29 CEST 2016

fyi

Registration open now for two Summer Schools organized by
www.spatial-ecology.org held at the University of Basilicata, Matera,
Italy:

Spatio-Temporal Data Analyses Using Free and Open Source Software
(6th-10th June 2016).

An immersion 5 day experience opening new horizons on the use of the vast
potentials of the Linux environment and the command line approach to
process data using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS, GDAL/OGR, R, PKtools,
Openforis. We will guide newbies who have never used a command line
terminal to a stage which will allow them to understand and use very
advanced open source data processing routines. Our focus is to enhance the
approach of self-learning allowing participants to keep on progressing and
updating their skills in a continuously evolving technological
environment.

Hands-on Open Source Drone Mapping and High Performance Computing for
Big Geo-Data (13th-17th June 2016).

Another 5 day immersion experience on advanced data processing using high
performance computers (HPC) and emerging technologies such as drone
mapping, rasdaman (Fastest Array Database on Earth) and cloud computing.
We provide a walk-through journey from the introduction of Linux operating
system and different open source software (Python, GRASS, GDAL/OGR, R,
PKtools, Openforis) to capturing data out in the field using an Unmanned
Aerial Vehicle, to complex image processing and data analyses. We focus on
how maximising computation performance using multicore on single computer,
switching to distributed clusters of computers (using grid engine
scheduler) and ultimately data analytics with cutting edge rasdaman
software (Big Data Analytics Server).

More information and registrations:
https://www.spatial-ecology.net/upcoming-events
mail: info at spatial-ecology.net
http://www.osgeo.org/node/1696

follow us on :
www.facebook.com/spatialecology
twitter:  @BigDataEcology  /  spatial-ecology

--
Dr. Martin Wegmann

Department of Remote Sensing
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Research
University of Wuerzburg, Germany
-----
German Aerospace Center (DLR)
German Remote Sensing Data Center (DFD)

Phone:  +49-(0)931-31-83446

url: http://www.remote-sensing.uni-wuerzburg.de
url: http://www.remote-sensing.eu

Associate Editor

*Remote Sensing in Ecology and Conservation*